Thursday, June 16, 2011

These were the best 15 minutes I’ve ever lived!

IT wasn’t a speech, it wasn’t a major pre-planned event. I wasn’t well dressed or in a good form. I was in Alexandria for a trip with friends. I was waiting for the results of Thanwya Amma which were expected to be out soon. It was expected on this day for the minister to announce the top 10 students all over Egypt in each section. About 10 a.m I felt my mobile phone vibrate, it was my elder sister yelling with my nickname “yoma yoma the minister of education called us! You are rated the third over the arts section, you are the third over Thanawya Amma student! I kept crying for the next 15 minutes. At first my friends thought I got low grades and that’s why I was crying. I kept asking my sister and my mother hilariously “mom, are you sure? Mom, was that his voice? Mom, don’t lie to me!” Suddenly the news that I was one of the top 10 spread like fire among my friends. They yelled at each other for everyone to come and celebrate. All of them gathered around me and kept singing and applauding. They carried me and lifted me up and down. Each one of them came and hugged me with a different look in their eyes. I couldn’t have been more proud or happier. This situation is definitely one of my best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment